VPS Hosting is emerging to be the hosting of choice for its seamless scalability and complete root access. If you are looking for a tool to manage your VPS-hosted websites, then cPanel is the answer! cPanel is a user-friendly and seamless control panel with an interactive interface, which makes website tasks like access to files, databases, emails, etc. a cakewalk. Most Linux-based VPS Hosting providers offer a pre-integrated cPanel dashboard for seamless website management.
In this article, we would be looking at eight cPanel tips to manage your VPS-hosted websites.
- Auto installers: They provide automated scripts which enable one-click installation for various platforms on your website. One such auto-installers is Softaculous which provides more than 400 scripts. This avoids manually setting up your database and using FTP to upload files. With a single click, you can install CMS such as WordPress or Joomla and have your website up and running in no time.
- New Domains: You can use several domains on the same hosting by simply using the Add-on Domains tool. You won’t need to purchase hosting for the new domain, simply share the resource of the existing plan with the new domain.
- Create Backups: You have the option to create a backup for the complete website in one big file, or you can categorize them into a database, email and home directory. Data backup and recovery is an essential feature in today’s world with rising cyberattacks.
- PHP update: PHP is the language most web hosting providers use for their server. It is important to keep it updated, or an older version can become unstable with certain plugins and applications. PHP version module in the cPanel can update to the latest version in the blink of an eye. It also gives you additional control features related to PHP functions.
- Search bar: cPanel has a convenient and useful search bar to explore different features. You can simply search for applications or functions without having to scroll to-and-fro.
- Server monitoring: With your cPanel dashboard, you can easily check the performance of your server. It also allows you to manage your own resources on VPS Hosting. Proper monitoring can help you keep your server in a health condition for a long time.
These were the five best tips you can use. However, there are many mistakes you should avoid keeping your cPanel functioning smoothly.
- Be cautious with subdomains: While once can note down many benefits of having a subdomain, you cannot ignore the fact that it may mess up your SEO.
- Create a separate database for each domain: While it may be tempting at times to manage all your database from multiple domains under one roof, it is better to keep a separate database for each domain. The ease with which you can manage your database will help you in the long run. Also, if you are outsourcing your website development to a developer, it would be prudent on your behalf to keep them separated.
VPS web hosting provides you with an easy-to-use cPanel dashboard. cPanel has innumerable applications and tools that can make website management very convenient, especially for newcomers who are starting with website management. These eight tips will certainly help you make the most of your cPanel.